Oh, I can almost smell it from here! Mom and dad have been talking about one of my favorite days of the year (besides Christmas when I see Sandy Claws)....TURKEY DAY 2010!!
Next Wednesday, mom, Dunc and I will head up to stay at Granny and Pawpaws house. Dad has to work, so he'll be up the next day. What will follow will be Turkey Day MADNESS!! Here's how I see it going down:
1. LOTS of play time with my cousin Rebel
2. Extra goodies in the form of the turkey parts the peoples don't eat. I think they call them gibblets? I call them YUM!!
3. Duncan snoozes in the middle of the floor.
4. Aunt Temple and Uncle Matt come over and I give them kisses.
5. More play time with Rebel
6. Dunc's still snoring in the floor
7. A little piece of turkey or biscuit here or there
8. More playtime with Rebel
9. Duncan snoozes and poots in the living room.
10. We come home EXAUSTED some time Saturday!!
That's how I have it planned in my head. What's not to like about Turkey day?? Mom will make sure we have a special dinner of turkey necks, canned pumpkin and other goodies for the day, and we all get to hang out as a family and relax.
This makes me think, I'm so thankful for my family. That I have people who love their critters and treat them like family (cause, uh, we are!). I'm thankful for our squatter bedroom, all my toys, Duncan, all the great blogger friends I've met and for the kitties...yes, even the kitties.
Now, back to dreaming about TD 2010!!