Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hooky Creek Day!

Hey all! Yesterday was AWESOME!!! Mom played hooky and got off work. I don't know what "hooky" means, but if it means mom comes home and we go do cool things, then I think she needs to come down with hooky-itis.


It was a slow day at work, GORGEOUS outside (76 and sunny) and mom decided she wanted to spend time with the fam. So she came home and we loaded up and went to the creek. I haven't been to the creek in ages...would I remember how to have fun?? Hmmm...



ZOOOOOOOM!!!! Yeah, it's all coming back to me now!



Splashy splash! I'm coming to get you Duncan!!


Don't even think about it kid!


Uh oh! RUN AWAY!!!! I'll get him later!


Did I just hear Jaws music??


I'm suprised the photo even came out with mom's scary white legs, I thought they might reflect the flash!
Way to go mom!! I think all dog moms/dads should take a hooky day!!


My belly MAY have got a little wet....


Hey, what's that in here?!?!


OMG what is THAT!?! These giant GIANT tadpoles were everywhere, dad said not to taste them....


Come on slow pokes!


Ta-dah! Two happy, wet, dirty dogs means the day was a success!!


So it was a great day...we all just needed to get out and run off some steam after being cooped up with the allergee sickness. Also we had to get out of the neighborhood....there's some strange characters hanging out there lately...more on that tomorrow!


16 comments:

  1. OMD! Giant tadpole!! Grosss!!! *shudder*

    Look at you having a ball!! So glad you had such a great day with your mom skipping work!! :P
    I hope none of her co-workers read your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay, she took the time off, so it wasn't REAL hooky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure looks like a wonderful time!! The last picture sure shows how happy you two were! The tadpole.....I haven't seen one of those in years....thanks!! Lots of love, Holly and mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD OMD O M DDDDDDD... My mom went all Squeeeeee about that hoooooge tadpole.. She LOVES those thingys.. butt says she has never seen one THAT big that didn't already have legs showing!!! HOOOOOOGE she says...

    What a grrrreat day you had. I wish I could have been there fur that!!!
    I won't he home tomorrow to learn about your strange character. Sooooo be careful OK???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that looks like the way to enjoy a hooky day! I'm already sad about Mom going back to work next week, but I'll be plotting future adventures for sure. That tadpole looks like something Morgan would have fun chasing! How sad that you didn't find a leg in the creek, though!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that looks like a fun day !!! All except for the getting wet part but if you like it - it's okay :) My dogness THAT was a huge tadpole - makes me wonder how big the frogs will be?????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is rite, it do be mom's skeery white leg season again. I think my mom's skeery white legs be about reddy to sprout. That do be one pawsome tadpole. I wonner how big of a froggie comes out of that. You must has monster mutant frogs down there in Allergeebama.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMD what a super fun Hooky Day it was! I LOVE creeks. The one we got to play in last time was much MUCH smaller than that but we liked it very much. It revives us after a nice long hike up the hill. That tadpole looks disgusting. I would not touch it & I advise you not to touch it either. River on other hand, would happily nibble on it ALIVE. He's terrible. Bet it was slippery slimy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We HAVE to go to the lake soon. We are dying to get dirty and wet!!!

    wiggles,
    Calhoun

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to get back in the lake! The warm weather keeps creeping out up here, I sure do hope it comes and sticks around for a while!
    -Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anna! You look so happy you're floating in your pictures!! That's our kind of day!!

    -Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow those hooky days look awesome! Are all hooky days fun like that?
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo Hoo, Anna - fun day at the creek with Mom!!! Can't ask for a better surprise. Your creek looks like the water is a lot cleaner than ours.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Leapin lizards that's a HUGE tadpole! That creek looks like lots of fun, if you like water (which I do not)! My mom is cracking up at your mom's white legs. My mom calls them "winter whites" and she's sporting a pair herself!

    Pedro

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun hooky day! What a great creek to play in! And that was one gigantic tadpole.

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooky never fails to make great days - it's like you have to make them great because they're riskier ;)

    I didn't see any Breathe Right strips - did they peel off when you dragged mom and dad to the creek by them?

    ReplyDelete