Saturday, January 24, 2015

Mom on the Blog. Help Us All.

Anna's mom here. Well, apparently today is the day we parents get to grace our fur-kids blogs with our presence, but only briefly. First, a big shout out and thank you to Anna for letting me use her social media, although she said it must not be boring.

Secondly, I'd like to give a shout out to all of our Bloggerville family. Over the years I've virtually met so many great pets and occasionally their people on this community--even meeting a few in person. I've cried as friends have left us, smiled as new ones were found and laughed at countless stories and experiences that others allow us to enjoy.

And finally, to the reason I'm allowed to post today, to brag on my kids. The reason I've even had the pleasure of meeting these pets and their people. Each one holds a special place in my heart and fills a particular void in a way only they can.

Winston

The newest member of the family, I'd say this fella doesn't really know he's a cat. I really think that he thinks he's a dog (Anna says NO KITTY!). He's Anna's buddy, lets the Boy do whatever to him and is always entertaining. While not a major lap cat (he'd rather stretch out on the couch) he does like to be around his people and fur-family. He's the perfect clown for the family!

Mia




Mia is the quiet sweetheart. She'll curl up on you and take a nap. She'll sleep on your feet in the bed and keep them warm. For a large kitty she has a quiet mee-yew. She reminds me of a somewhat sophisticated lady, she's picky in her tastes, enjoys the finer things in life, but will also smack you if you deserve it. We rescued her from the back of a dogcatcher truck 8 years ago and she's gone from the young, wild one to the cozy, fluffy companion.


Duncan


What can I say about the old guy? He's been with us since before we were married. He's a quiet guy. Not a lot of play, doesn't care about toys but can throw down food like no body's business. He wants nothing more than to be petted (for hours if you'd let him), sniff the grass and to lay in the sun. If he could talk, he could speak volumes to every part of our marriage. He's seen it all and gone through it all with us. From dating, to engagement, to wedding to parenthood, he's gone through it all with us. He is the gentlest soul, but will defend his people. At 17  I think he believes he could still kick anyone's butt. We couldn't imagine our lives without him, he's been there for all of it. 

And FINALLY.....ANNA!



First, do you know how hard it is to just find one picture of Anna to use? Anna is my heart dog. She is my best friend, buddy, protector and confidant. Anna has made me the better dog mom I am today. I trust her like no other. With my life and that of my child. To say she has personality is an understatement, but she also has a huge heart. She's ready for an adventure or just to be near her people. When we brought Anna home, I was still grieving Maggie, but it's like this little bundle of fur knew that and just filled my heart. Is she perfect? Well, okay, just to avoid an argument, yes, yes she is, but even if she wasn't, I wouldn't trade her for the world. She's a goofball and, in reality, quite a chicken, but will stand her ground if she needs to. She has a big bark but an even bigger heart and soul. Whenever people say things like "Dogs don't feel guilt, joy, human emotion or have souls" I am saddened that they have never had a dog like this in their lives to show them that there is a reason Dog spells God backwards. 

So, that's it. My one time to brag on my kids on her blog. In fact, I brag on them all the time. When people ask me how many kids I have, I respond: Five, four four-leggers and a two legger. And I love them all with all of my heart. 

Much love,
Dog Mom

4 comments:

  1. beautifully described - your Duncan and my Reilly sound like twin old souls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY..... We are again in need of some SNOT RAGS... this brought TEARS and Sniffles... it is just BEAUTIFUL... we are STUNNED that the peeps can write this well, Aren't YOU?????
    BRAVO fur a GRAND {{sniffle}} POST about the LOVE in your LIVES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful letter!! So much love!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Well, as much of it as I could read through tears because it was so touching, especially knowing exactly how you feel!

    Daniela

    ReplyDelete