Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cleanin' for Relatives

Yay! My cousin Rebel, the Sheltie, if FINALLY coming to stay with us tomorrow! Granny and Papaw are going to Mont-Anna for a trip and instead of boarding Rebel, he's staying with us for like 10 days or something.



While I get excited, mom gets all weird and cleans like crazy. Something about "her mom" coming down makes her weird. I guess she means Granny, but I don't get the big fuss is all about. Dad told me to just "go with the flow" like he does, cause it's best to just let mom do her thing and do whatever she needs to do....which includes vaccuming, steam cleaning and laundry out the wazzoo...even though they'll only be here for like an hour or two. Mom is so weird sometimes. She even attempted and I stress ATTEMPTED to put all my toys in my toybasket. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Umm...okay, whatever mom. Crazy woman!

Granny and Papaw are also bringing down a freezer. This will allow mom to order all my raw food in bulk...making it cheaper and as dad says, giving the kitchen fridge/freezer back to the peoples. Mom made my first bulk order and is going to pick it up Saturday...chicken backs, necks, turkey hearts and ground quail...which I've never had and have no freaking clue what a quail is. So I did a Google and found out its a little bird. Neat I guess.

Mom said while Rebel is here we're going to carve pump-kins and make some puppy print ornaments...she's going to have Rebel make one for Granny and PaPaw as a Xmas present! And then mom's going to have me and Duncan make some to put on the tree with the paw print from Maggie that the vet made for mom and dad when she went over the bridge. We'll take pictures of everything and let you know how it goes...in theory it should look like this:


Also, thanks for all the entries into my Spectacular Tongue-tacular Contest! I'm gettin to meet some new puppers and see some serious tongue action. Wait, that didn't sound right, oh well, good luck all! Friday is the deadline!!!

9 comments:

  1. Great news on the freezer and on the special grest REbel. Tell Mom to concentrate on cleaning the obvious and don't worry about the rest.

    Woos, the OP Pack

    ReplyDelete
  2. So throwing things into closets and under the beds does not count? Hmmm - will have to tell our humans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anna,
    We just had to smile because our Mom is just like your mom when it comes to tidying up before guests (or her own mom). I think it might be a generational thing?...anyway, it gives us dogs the opportunity to scramble it all up again. Enjoy your guest.
    Licks
    MAXDOG IN SA

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds great! Rebel is a beautiful cousin to have. You two should have lots of fun! Looks like everyone has lots of stuff lined up to do which is exciting. Tell your mom not to clean too much because the dust and dirt always comes right back!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh FUN! We love visitators! Oh and we're loving your contest, so tomorrow will be Tongue Thursday at the WriggleButts'!

    Bajas & Virus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!!! Coming to visit from Phantom and Thunder's site....and I might join in on the tongue fun....mom is going to look over some of my photos....
    Clean on!
    Come by for a visit if ya like.

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL @ tongue action!

    Can't wait to meet your Sheltie relative. Shelative. Hehee..

    Sam and MargDog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo said it just right!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: Have fun! We khan't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool that you will have a visitor to play with. My Mom is sort of like that when we have company too. I don't get it either, but just leave my toys out of it. Good luck on pumpkin carving.

    licks and sniffs, Sasha

    ReplyDelete