Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dam it!

How was everyone's looooong Labor Day weekend? Mine was pretty good! Mom got to feeling MUCH better by Saturday. Thank god! After a day of crazy football games and yummy noms, Sunday was much more relaxed.

Apparently Tropical Storm Lee was headed our way, bringing lots of rains. But we didn't get much at all Sunday, it was just overcast and cooler, so mom and dad said "Let's take the Anna to the creek!" WINNING!

But we didn't just go to the creek, we went to the dam in town. The creek that runs through town used to help one of the biggest cotton gin factories in the country. Sadly, the oldest mill burnt down years ago (stupid meddling kids!), but the creek area is still a favorite of many, including us doggies!



Wait, I have it allllll to myself?!?! No other puppies!?!





It's not deep in this section at all!


Splishy splashy!


Hmmm...what's over here?

Helllloooooooooooooo! Is this puppy jail?


One of the old mill buildings




I prepare to make my dismount, mom snapped before I made a splash!



Then Monday, it rained alllll day, but mom checked the radar and saw no rains and it looked clear outside. With it being breezy and cool, mom took Dunc and I for a walk...which turned into a wet-t-shirt contest! Mom, Dunc and I got soaked....and for some reason mom kept bringing up the dam again...but I don't know what it had to do with getting rained on..hmmm....


This morning we awoke to a wonderful suprise:



BOO-YAH!!!!



Today is very cool...we went from 90s to 60s! Mom said this is what the mountains will be like in less than three weeks! So overall it was a super dam weekend! :)

12 comments:

  1. Yep, I'm freezing today in western NC! It's beautiful though -breezy and feels like fall. Ready or not, I guess fall is coming! Looks like ya'll had a fun outing. We did a hike this weekend too before the rains arrived. Laurel River in Hot Springs. It was FLAT. I didn't know there were any flat trails around here, lol! But, alongside a river the entire way with lots of spots for dog splashing. Lucky was in heaven. Lady went in to keep an eye on Lucky, and Katie said "no thank you." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but no thanks, Anna, you sent that Lee ofur to me and we dussn't need no more rains coz that Irene gibbed us enuff. Now I need a dam dam in my yard so I has a place to, ummm, powdah my nose. I think your mom mite need some more of those brownies so she dussn't get bugs again from the wet t-shirt contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would like that Lee to go to the ocean. Did you find and puppies over there in jail? Hope you had fun splish splashing around
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now, I guess you can say that you had one Fine Dam Day after all. RIGHT???

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a really great time! It is cold here too and raining lots! You will have a super great time in the mountains!!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are my temps - AND I have all your rains PLUS some!

    Nice pikhs!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be so excited about the trip to the mountains! Morgan and I are in complete and total envy. Morgan is big on swimming, too. She went for a dip with her backpack on yesterday! Having the place to yourself must have been awesome!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look like you're having so much fun frolicking around outside. We can't wait for weather to be 60 degrees here. Marmie likes to hike in the mountains too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you look like you were having fun - I would stay away from the puppy prison though - scary place. And isn't it nice to have a few cool days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad Mom is feeling better. Gotta watch out for da bugs. Sounds and looks like you had great dam fun!
    Wags
    Ernie,Sasha,Chica,Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Anna!
    Wow, what a great place to explore! Any swimmies are good swimmies!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you're mom is better! That place looks like fun, all big puddles. I'm Soooooo jealous of those temps - it's still 90's here.

    ReplyDelete