Thursday, September 22, 2011

Who you talkin' to Willis?


A lot of peoples think mom is crazy....for obvious reasons aside, because people says mom "spoils us rotten." Now, I don't know what this means...I mean, just because we have a lot of toys and collars and packs (which all serve a purpose) and cause mom and dad do stuff with us and take us on vacayshion with them we are apparently "spoiled". Pfft...if I was truly spoiled my custom B'day present would have been here YESTERDAY on my b'day served with a nice homemade doggy cupcake...but that's beside the point.

Now mom thinks other peoples are crazy cause they don't love their critters as much as her and dad do (and all your moms and dads...high five!). But Tuesday, mom got looked at like she was REALLY bonkers.

Mom took me out for an evening walk. It was nice, relatively cool for Alabama. And when we walk, mom talks to me.

Mom: Oh Anna, I'm so ready for next week! It's vacation!

Me: (run back to mom) I know! We need a rest! I'm stressed!

Mom: Just think, you get to run around and chase turkeys...

Me: Dinner will be served! Nom!!

Mom: And you'll be wearing your new "no huntin' me vest" so no one thinks your a bear or a wolf!

Me: Whew! And a wolf? Seriously? People are so....hey mom, that woman's staring at you...

Mom turns and sees some of our elderly (who am I kidding, they're all elderly in our hood) neighbors staring, mouth open, at us.

Mom: Hello!

Scared Neighbor: Are you talking to....your dog........(takes a step back)

Mom: Umm...yeah....

Scared Neighbor: Umm...hmm.....nice backpack. (scampers inside)

I guess a lot of peoples don't think talking to us critters is normal. I say POO on you! POOOOO! Mom and dad talk to all of us all the time. Riddle me this: how can you not talk to a critter that lives in your house people?!?!

So as we walked off, Mom laughed.

Mom: What's her deal, Anna?

Me: I haz no idea...now about those turkeys.....

14 comments:

  1. LOVE this!!!! Still trying to stop laughing...
    We're looked at quite the same. It's actually pretty embarrassing if I were to to care, but I don't! Let people think what they want. They just don't get it. I say talk on! No, really - the girls (and boy) are waiting to hear more about these turkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pffft, #1 talks to us constantly :) I agree- how could you not talk to another sentient being sharing your domicile??

    RA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief! I guess my neighbors are looking at me like I'm crazy then. I always talk to my doggies while on walks! I must be the "crazy dog lady" behind my back...Hmmmm...

    Mamma Heartbeat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa - you have some crazy neighbors! Our parents are always talking to us and we're always telling them crazy stories! Hope you had a great birthday!

    - Starbuck, Nari and Alpha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anna!
    Wow, that's BOL funny! Your neighbor must be a little crazy or else she was just never loved by a critter! We understand! Let 'em laugh...we know better and I'm pretty sure there are more of us than there are of them!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously - there is peeples wot thinks talking to us dogs is crazy? I mean my mom even talks to wildlife - now THAT is WAY embarrassing! Like she talks to bears: "Good morning. Nice forest you have here" and the bear says "EEK! Crazy woman!" and scampers away. She says to the deers "Don't you have any no-huntin-me orange to wear? Be careful out there!" and they say "EEK! Crazy woman!" and scamper away. So just keep your eyes on your mom in case she starts talking to those turkeys, then you has a big problem on your paws I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She Who Thinks She Must Be Obeyed talks to me all the time, in fact she gets so used to talking to me she told the car she wouldn't be long one day when I wasn't even in it! (That was when we still had one). She did get a funny look from a man walking past one day when she came back to the car and told me I was a good little man!
    Belated Barkday wishes
    Finn

    ReplyDelete
  8. The neighbors are nutty! Wear your bright orange vest. It's a crazy world out there
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our neighbors are nuts too. I talk to Holly outside in the backyard and walking her out to the Jeep for rides. I talk to her going down the road too. She talks back sometimes but usually just looks at me!!! Happy Birthday Anna...we hope you get your turkey!!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. BOLOLOL - our Mom talks to us all the time, but she says it is usually in our own house or yard. But maybe she doesn't realize it, but she has been known to talk to us while out on our walks, shhh, we won't tell her.

    Hope you all have a wonderful vacation.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anna, after you catch that turkey, you have to show us all pictures! That will be one fantabulous hunt!

    There are people who don't talk to their dogs?! We don't associate with those kind of people!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yeah, My mom too, she loves to talk's to us every time, maybe that's the way of showing her love. We're so blessed to have them right!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I talk to my dogs too! I rarely see people on our walks/hikes but I've gotten a few "looks" too when we run across a non-dog person. Oh well - they don't know what they're missing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, Marmie talks to me too! But what annoys me most, is that she doesn't let me respond...she does her own voice-over for my response!

    ReplyDelete