Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Doggie Photos and a Little Sad

I'm back! We had a GREAT girls weekend! We stayed up, talked, ran around and played! It was awesome!!

Saturday we went to Bark in the Park, we had a lot of fun! Last year I was a spaz...freaking out and such before we even got out of the parking lot. But this year, I marched in like a pro! And while there we met like six other GSDs! I've never been around that many of "my people" before. We all congregated together and talked. It was pretty cool!

And man, were there ALL kinds of dogs there! Mom got some pics of some of them:

Lola and I working on our supermodeling poses for the day!
These guys are dressed up every year...fairy bassets??
This HUNK was just a puppy last year! I really dug his band-Anna!
This husky didn't know any of my blogger husky friends...I got excited
but realized it wasn't one of them! Boo!
I also got excited when I thought I saw Maxdog's booty!
Not him either. Sigh and double boo!
This doggy was all dressed up...dad said she looked like a "lady of the night"
whatever that means...
Lola met another corgi...she didn't seem impressed with it's fluffy butt.
Willow had a great time! But by the end, dad had to help carry
her to the car, she was pooped!
And then it happened....Lola met....
A pygmy goat dressed in drag! It headbutted her TWICE!!
What the crap?!!?
It was a lot of fun, we laughed about Lola and the goat all weekend! I mean, how often can you say your cousin was headbutted by a small goat in drag??
On a sidenote, Willow did great. Nothing phased her, not kids, dogs, people anything. We were so proud of her. We have some mixed emotions right now...this morning dad took her back to the shelter to be picked up by her adopter tomorrow. Through some confusion of how the foster program is "run" mom will probably not be fostering there again. We all already miss Willow...mom's eyes were leaking this morning and I'm kinda whiney and huffy. The kitties are happy though. We hope she's happy in her new home and that everything works out for dear little Willow! Mom says there are some rescue groups that she and dad may look into, but for right now we're taking a break.

So now it's just me, Duncan, mom, dad and the kitties. Dad's starting to tile the bathroom today so I'll be supervising and inspekting that, that will help keep me busy, then tomorrow night is school! Now I'm off to catch up on my bloggy reading!

11 comments:

  1. What pawesome furiends woo got to meet!

    Thanks fur sharing them with us!

    Sorry Willow has left woo - and that things didn't go furry well fur your mom and dad - that makes it doubly diffikhult

    When the time is right again, all of woo will know it!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a great time Anna! Met alot of good looking and friends and you did great it sounds like!! I'm so sorry and sad to hear that Willow has left your house. I know all of you will miss her and hope she does great in her new forever home. Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your park looks like lots of fun - too bad you didn't get a video of that headbutting - that would have been so funny.

    So sorry to see Willow go - hope the next rescue place works out better for all of you.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bark in the Park looks pawsome. The headbutting sounds kind of hilarious. And I'm sure you're kind of sad to see Willow go, but you did her a huge mitzvah.

    wags, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bark in the Park looked cool (though the Sibe may have been confused that this was not Woo in the Park). Sorry about the rescue experience, but we know we really appreciate the fosters that helped get here to Chez Herd - so thanks anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Park day looked soooo much fun. Thanks for sharing with us your new furry friends.

    It does feel sad to say goodbye's but we hope you can see Willow again one day soon.


    -Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & the Piappies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummm, Willow had to go back to the shelter to spend the nite afore going to hers furever home? That is ridikulus! Yup, I agree wif you to foster elsewhere if'n they got stoopid rools.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bark in the park sounds like fun! I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to Willow. i hope she will be happy in her new foster home.

    See you tommorrow in class.
    Paws and Licks
    Chewy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meh, sorry about the foster confusion. I hate when feel-good situations get tangled up in people crap like that!

    It sounds like you all had a fun day today, though. And, you've done a lot for Willow in the time she's spent with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad to see u back Anna.
    Bark in the park sure was one pawsome pawdventure for u. sorry about willow. we can understand how u must be missing her. hope she will be happy wherever she goes.
    wags,
    bud n gin

    ReplyDelete