Monday, April 12, 2010

Willow Update and Tracking

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was very action packed!
Here's a Willow update. She slept all night Saturday night, waking me and mom up once to go potty. She's going potty outside (I told her this was VERY smart on her part!) and only had one accident, but that's mom's fault because she didn't let her out as soon as they came home. Bad mom and dad! Bad!

She's not quite on a normal nom-eating schedule. She did eat some noms last night. Mom's tried different foods and canned foods but I think she's still adjusting. She finally woke up a bit yesterday and we ran around...she even tried to play tug with me for about a minute, during which I had to majorly reduce my puppy-strength powers so I didn't fling her across the yard!

This morning she barked at a kitty (Mia) and I'm not sure why, but I can't say I totally disapprove of it!! Then she went and passed out on Dunc's bed while mom got ready for work.


On Friday (pre-Willow) mom and dad, Dunc and I went tracking. Dad and Duncan are the bait. They take off before mom and I ( I DO NOT like this btw) and dad tells mom where he enters the field at the school and that's it...then it's up to me and my super sniffer to locate Dad and Dunc. (Here's some other info about tracking from last year)

Dad took some of these photos from his hidey spot. I probably tracked him and Dunc for about 150 yards or so...through the school field/playground so there were all kinds of peoples smells, but I was able to hone in on my peoples smells. The best thing is mom has no idea where they walked, so I'm totally leading her!








Found them!!

It looks like I need to track mom some decent clothes...Good lord woman what are you wearing?!?! She won't make that mistake again! Oh well, at least she wasn't show off her whitey white legs. She also forgot to put on my harness so my long lead doesn't keep going under my armpit. Get with it mom!

8 comments:

  1. You woofing that Willow had an accident and you mom saying it woz hers own fault reminded me of something I BOL'd at. We had gotted an applicashun to adopt a dog once and on the applicashun it asks wot you would does if'n the dog does a pee or poo in the howse. The woman writed: "I would roll up a newspaper and swat myself over the head with it while repeating over and over 'I should have been watching the dog. I should have been watching the dog...'" We letted her adopt the dog! And grate job tracking! Who cares wot your mom wears? We be looking at you anyways and you always look mahvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pawesome news!

    Once again, woo are doing an inkhredibly khool thing fur Willow!

    Thanks fur sharing your trakhking stuff!

    I don't know if woo read Wild Dingo or not BUT they do lots and lots and lots of that stuff
    http://www.wilddingo.com/

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: Mom saw a furry khool GSD on his way to furever happiness on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puppy training is so much fun - NOT. Mom says it really IS a matter of training the human to remember. Ciara was pretty much potty trained about two weeks after she arrived. Lots of potty breaks, lots of praise, and lots of patience.

    Great job on the tracking - that seems like it would be a lot of fun and a great family activity.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Willow looks like she is fitting right in! I think that is great to go tracking....you did great Anna with your mom!! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are glad that Willow is doing well.

    Plus big congrats on your tracking abilities!!

    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  6. Willow is adorable! Such a sweet face. It's super nice of you and your family to help her and get her out of that nasty shelter.

    I'm very impressed with your tracking. I could only do that if there were squeaky toys at the end of the adventure! He he he. I only have a nose for toys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Willow is so cute.. and thumbs up on your tracking. I should probably get my daddy to train me on that too so I can track where my mom hides around the house..

    licks,
    Moiselle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your foster sister!!

    Woofs and Kisses!
    The Fiesty Three

    ReplyDelete