Friday, April 2, 2010

A lot of Quality Time with Dr. Vet

Where do I start? Let's just say, I'm going to be seeing A LOT of Dr. Vet for the next few months...but this isn't a bad thing. I think...

Mom went to my OB or-ee-in-tation last night. Come to find out, only two dogs from our class of 12 passed. But only two other dogs (and mom and I) have returned to re-do the class. She saw some of our old trainers who said they were glad we came back, even their dogs had to re-do basic OB, so we dont' feel so bad now!

Anyway, mom saw Trainer Beth (who we also found out is president of our dog club!) who will not be teaching our class this time. Boo! But then we found out, while she won't be TRAINING us this time, she'll be IN our class with one of her new foster dogs! Trainer Beth will be a classmate! How cool is that?!? So now I know two other dogs and their peoples and trainer Beth.

Then mom broke some major news...our new trainer is Dr. Vet!! WHAT THE CRAP?!?! We've seen her up there with her dogs in Novice II, but she's actually teaching our OB class this time! I think that's pretty cool. Dr. Vet will now know me inside and out (literally!).

So today, mom actually took me to Dr. Vet to recheck my elbow to see if I needed to go to the ortho-pee-dic Dr. Vet. She dropped me off and around 2 p.m. got the phone call to come pick me up....and the news is......

MY ELBOW IS HEALED!!

Dr. Vet said there are no issues. She thinks maybe it was either where I was still growing or maybe I had a small fracture or something, but it's all gone. My elbows also so NO signs of displaysia and I'm all good to go!

I was still a little loopy, but mom and Dr. Vet were talking about seeing each other next week when I go to school. Dr. Vet said she's never trained one of her patients, so she's interested to see how I do seeing her without the white coat.

How will I respond? I'll respond by keeping my booty away from her in case she wants to stick anything up it!!

So to recap, my elbow is great but I'll still see Dr. Vet each week for eight weeks at school. I think I can deal with this. At least we know half of the class already! The rest of my classmates consist of a chi, a Bernese Mountain Dog, a Jack Russell and a chow mix. I'm pretty pumped for school now!

11 comments:

  1. That is too freaky Anna...but I guess it would be nice to have a vet who is a friend who is a vet!

    Happy Friday Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's kind of nice that the trainer is someone you know. And while you're there, maybe you can get some free medical advice if the need arises. Hopefully it won't - arise, that is. I'm so glad to hear that your elbow is healed. Now take good care of yourself, and stay well.

    wags, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great news!

    We khan't wait to your fellow khlass members - in pawtikhular The BMD!

    Hopz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like great news Anna!!! I am so glad your elbow is doing fine...thank goodness!! I think it is cool to have your vet teach the class...that way you already know the teacher and she knows you so you won't be stressed with somebody new!!! I bet you will be the star student in the class!!! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. You pore thing, you must be so confoozed! Dr. Vet the V-E-T, Dr. Vet the trainer, OY! But not to worry. Mom had a dog afore me wot had to go through beginning obedience FOUR times afore he passed. He woz pritty dumb. But he finally gotted the furst place trophy. Mebbe if the trainer had been Dr. Vet the V-E-T, he would has passed faster. Hmmm, these hoomans mite be onto somefing here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news all around! You get to experience your vet in a positive way, and she even cleared up the elbow issue for you. Can't wait to here more when you're back in class!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We really love our Dr Vet, so we think it would be cool to see her all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck in your classes Anna! You just keep an eye on Dr. Vet! Glad that your elbow is all healed!

    Have a pawsome weekend,
    Woofs and Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a Hoppity Easter that is eggs-tra special☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great news about your elbow, Anna. And how great that you already know your trainer. This should be a very fun class. Score big this time.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete