Thursday, April 8, 2010

Update

So this is what I've found out...

1. It's not bananas foster, but fostering a dog that we might be doing (although I do like bananas!)

2. It's a little 4-month old GSD girl who is at the local humane society who is NOT doing well there. She's very shy and needs to be socialized. Her former person turned her in saying she couldn't "afford her" and left. Boo people!

3. She is supposed to get spayded this week, then hopefully we'll know more about when we might get her. Mom already has someone who may be interested in her, but mom wants to work with her a bit, giving her all the skills she needs to be a happy puppy girl!

That's all I know for now. The waiting is killing mom and dad. Dad said if this goes well, we may look into fostering more dogs in the future. But mom said Dunc and I have an important role in this too...showing this little girl how to be a good puppy to her people and how to have fun! We can do that! Oh, and if any of you fostering peoples have any tips for mom and dad, feel free to share!

In other news, school starts back tonight. I'm preparing myself to see Dr. Vet as now Dr. Vet the Trainer! Mom is not 100 percent after getting a major sinus infection, so Dad may drive us. Paws crossed everything goes well. Mom's kept up my training everywhere we go, and I can now do sits and downs even when I'm nervous.

That's about it. I played nurse yesterday to mom and I'm ready to get my backpack and back to school. We've also started my tracking again, I'll post more about that hopefully with some pictures this weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Anna, that is so awesome!! We know you & your people will do a great job with the little girl. Fostering kinda gets in the blood. That is what is happening in our house. One dog leaves & they bring another home. It is hard to let them go but when you know they are going to a forever home to get lots of love & companionship, it helps make it worth it.
    Good luck
    Ernie, Sasha, Chica & Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing you and your parents are doing Anna!
    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just so furry furry furry KHOOL!

    My FLUFFY tail is UP fur your pawrents and woo!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: We hope your mom feels better too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me knows if'n you needs any help wif the noo foster Anna coz your noo foster sounds just like me when I woz a puppeh! I woz 4 months old and skeered to death. All I did woz sit in a corner and shake and pee myself if'n mom commed to close to me. Look how far I have commed now! So I mite be able to gib you tips if'n you need them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you're going to be doing such good work! And you will be the greatest mentor for the little one.

    wags, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so wonderful that you are going to help foster another pup. We are sure you and Dunc will be very good to her and teach her all the good things about being a pup. Good luck at class tonight and we hope your Mom is feeling better soon.

    Woos- Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting. Unsocialized dogs need special treatment, and, you're right, the shelter is no place for her to start to overcome her fears. I hope she comes to your home - you and Duncan would be awesome for her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is exciting news!! I know you and Duncan along with your mom and dad can help this little 4 month old become a great dog! I hope your class went well last night and also hope your mom's sinus probem is better. We have pollen here everywhere. Everything is yellow!!
    Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

    ReplyDelete